28 September 2011


"The best thing I'd done as a father is be sure that my kids have a good mother!"
[Brad Pitt]

I somehow miss my daddy! Ayah, thank you for choosing an amazing mother for us! =)

====

When I was reading a parenting book back in 2004, I remember of reading a line where it says something to do with choosing the right mother/father for your children. But hardly I can remember the book. and once I asked uncle google, here you go.... it's from Dr Abdullah Nasih Ulwan on Child Education in Islam. =)

One day a man came to Umar ibn al-Khattab to complain of disobedient son. So Umar had brought the boy to him and he blamed him for his disobedience. Then the boy addressed Umar by saying
"O Commander of the faithful : Are there no rights for boy against his father?".
Umar said
"yes"
Then the boy said
"What are these rights O Commander of the Faithful?"
Umar said,
"To choose a good mother for him, to select good name to him and to teach him the Quran"
Then the boy said :
"O Commander of the faithful; my father has not accomplished any of these rights. As for my mother, she was a black slave for a Magian; As for my name, he has named me Jual (beetle); and he has not taught me even one letter from the Quran"
Then Umar turned round to the man and said
"you came to me complaining disobedience on the part of your son, whereas you have not given him his rights. So you have made mistakes against him before he has made mistakes against you."
*****
Ayah saya;
  • He chose a good mother for me;
  • He gave me a beautiful name [i like it and i'm gonna keep it]
  • and He taught me the Quran.
Thank you Ayah...

Ya Alloh,
I could not thanked you enough for granting me with such a wonderful parents here in dunya
dan kalau sahaja saya ini layak meminta untuk satu lagi perkara...
tiada yang lain yang ingin saya pinta melainkan
please gather us again, in your Jannah kelak

THANK YOU ALLOH =)


No comments: